Although you probably know that an MFP is a multifunction printer, it's not always obvious what those "multiple functions" are. The thing is that MFPs are getting more and more advanced, coming with a wide variety of different features--and that can make the buying process confusing. Today, we'll take a look at some of the most helpful (and efficient!) features you can expect from MFPs.
In general, MFPs are expected to be a combination of printing, faxing, copying, and scanning capabilities--but the truth is that they've got a lot more to offer besides that. However, before you get excited choosing features, it's important to remember that you don't want to be paying for something you don't use. When it comes to choosing the right MFP for you, all you need to consider is your unique needs.
So, you know that MFPs come with a variety of features, but what are they? Here's a quick look at some of the great functions--both standard and extra--that you might find combined in these multitasking machines.
- Color choices, which means you can print in black-and-white or color depending on your needs;
- High-speed capabilities, allowing you to copy and print in efficient page-per-minute amounts;
- Compatibility, or the ability to connect to computers and mobile devices to better fulfill your needs;
- Low costs, which save you money when compared to the costs of consumables and maintenance on multiple single-function machines;
- Two-sided printing, for more efficient prints;
- Automatic document feeders, a crucial detail for any printer that is expected to handle high-speed, high-volume jobs;
- and printing, faxing, scanning, and copying, which are generally standard in MFPs.
Ready to find an MFP with the perfect combination of these features? Contact us today!