PALO ALTO, Calif., Nov. 18, 2015 – HP Inc. today unveiled five new HP DesignJet technical printers, including the flagship HP DesignJet T830 Multifunction Printer (MFP) and the HP DesignJet T730 Printer, reinventing how architect, engineering and construction (AEC) professionals print, scan and copy. Engineered to withstand tough environments, these new devices make large-format printing faster and easier from the office to construction sites.
“Even as AEC and design professionals become increasingly mobile, they prefer making edits and reviewing plans on the printed page,” said Xavier Garcia, vice president and general manager, Large Format Printing, HP. “HP’s innovative new large-format printers and MFPs simplify collaboration with next-level features and mobile printing capabilities to meet this blended reality and print whatever and wherever AEC professionals need.”
Large-format printing reinvented for today’s mobile construction professionals
Ideal for construction professionals, general contractors, and computer-aided design (CAD) teams, the DesignJet T830 MFPHP is the industry’s most affordable, compact and transportable integrated large-format MFP.(1,2,3) Half the size of competitive large-format MFPs(2) with the same footprint as the HP DesignJet T730 Printer, the MFP offers a damage-resistant design able to withstand challenging job sites, a built-in scanner, and a front panel that can be extended and operated from a tablet.
“Architectural drawings are at the heart of what we do as contractors, and getting them to the site quickly is key. However, outsourcing our large-format printing was causing delays and costing money,” said Neil Geraghty, surveyor, Duke Construction.“HP’s innovative new large-format printers and MFPs simplify collaboration with next-level features and mobile printing capabilities to meet this blended reality and print whatever and wherever AEC professionals need.”
Recommended for tough environments where the MFP must endure dust, frequent transportation or potential hits, such as in mobile offices at construction sites, an optional HP DesignJet Rugged Case offers enhanced damage and dust protection. In addition, reinforced wheels and feet on the device’s stand make printing at job sites more convenient.
A 36-inch wide, integrated scanner enables users to modify, scan and share plans in the office or on construction sites from a mobile device,(4) and its intuitive touchscreen offers realistic print preview and document cropping.
Sharing many of the same features of the HP DesignJet T830 MFP, the HP DesignJet T730 Printer provides:
- Increased ease-of-use and competitive speeds, delivering high-quality A1/D-size prints in as few as 25 seconds.
- An automatic sheet feeder, enabling easy printing of half-size drawings up to 13 inches wide, avoiding paper waste and extra labor for cutting the roll output.(5)
- Off-axis ink delivery, allowing flexible ink cartridge sizes from 40 – 300 ml that adjust to the actual usage profile of each customer, avoiding big expenses and expiration issues in low-usage environments.
- An Econofast print mode, saving ink and time spent printing working documents and drafts.
- A detachable stand, making moving the printer from office to office easier.
- Wi-Fi Direct, a built-in Wi-Fi network for easy connectivity,(6) allowing the device to create its own Wi-Fi network for direct mobile printing without other infrastructure.
- An intuitive front panel with a touchscreen, which works like a smartphone.
The HP DesignJet T730 Printer and T830 MFP help eliminate traditional printing pain points, enabling users to economically deliver prints for meetings, mark up real-time changes, and easily share documents with key stakeholders to streamline workflow.
HP DesignJet technical portfolio boosts productivity and enterprise security
Also advancing HP’s large-format technical portfolio, three other new HP DesignJet printers help AEC professionals reach new levels of quality, ease of use, mobility and collaboration:
- The HP DesignJet T930 Printer , designed for small- and medium-sized AEC teams. The device boosts team productivity and offers enhanced security protocols to help safeguard information, while providing superior print quality with six HP Original inks, including gray and photo black inks.
- The HP DesignJet T1530 Printer , a dual-roll 36-inch printer featuring six HP Original inks, an integrated 50-page output stacking tray and advanced security protocols, maximizing workgroup productivity and enterprise security in high-volume environments.
- The HP DesignJet T2530 MFP , an easy-to-operate MFP featuring one intuitive control panel for print, scan and copy functions and two rolls. It provides advanced design and engineering workgroups A1/D-size prints in as few as 21 seconds and 2.5 inch-per-second color scanning capabilities to maximize productivity. The device also offers secure printing and is easy to manage from upgrades to network integration.(7)
New mobile printing capabilities enhance collaboration
The new HP All-in-One (AiO) Printer Remote is a free mobile application that enables easy, convenient printing and scanning to HP web-enabled printers and MFPs whenever or wherever(8) from both Apple® and Android™ devices.(9) Built-in mobile printing features, including printer discovery through wireless Internet, Wi-Fi Direct and NFC as well as e-mail printing to HP ePrint-enabled printers,(8) make printing in the field as easy as printing in the office. The HP AiO Printer Remote application makes mobile scanning and sharing easier, offering a direct connection to online repositories, such as Dropbox, Box and Google Drive.